The Ultimate Guide to Buying a New Storage Shed
How to Find the Perfect Storage Shed?
There are so many factors to consider when buying an outdoor storage shed — from price and construction material to design style and wall and siding material. Better Built Barns is here to make that decision a bit easier. We sell wood storage sheds in all sorts of different sizes, colors, and more, and that are designed to last for the long-run.
We don’t make the least expensive storage sheds around, but that’s because we’re not just throwing something together with low-quality materials and builds. Price is an important factor, but it shouldn’t be your sole factor. Outdoor storage sheds made from higher-quality material and more solid construction may cost a few hundred dollars more than the cheaper options, but they are usually a smart investment. To get the most bang for your buck, choose a simple, well-built shed with minimal extra design features — focusing on quality and simplicity is a good place to start.
#2: Design Considerations
What do you want your outdoor shed to look like? The appearance of the shed, after all, is nearly as important as its actual functionality. Think about — would you like to look out at your backyard everyday and see a design that doesn’t complement your home, or would you rather have one with a design style that blends right in? Some of Better Built Barns’ most popular shed designs include:
- Gable-Style Shed — The Gable is a simple, minimalist storage shed that is highly customizable to suit your needs.
- Country Barn-Style Shed — When you need a blend of value and functionality, the Country Barn shed by Better Built Barns is an ideal solution. It has traditional styling and looks great on most types of property.
- Courtyard-Style Shed — For a more modern aesthetic the Courtyard shed is a stylized version of the “Salt Box” design. It is an affordable, highly customizable wooden shed that will be able to meet your needs for years to come.
- Heritage-Style Shed — This is one of our earliest designs, and it’s excellent as not only a shed, but also for an out-of-home office or hobby room as well. It’s still one of our best-selling sheds today!
- Slant Roof-Style Shed — This shed is well-suited for people who want a shed that takes up less space. It is a simple shed that is highly customizable to meet your particular needs.
- Garden Cottage-Style Shed — Our Garden Cottage looks just like a home away from home. It is a beautiful shed that you can take pride in for years to come.
Better Built Barns, Inc. has new models and demo models available for delivery right to your home. We also install your shed on the property for you. Our inventory changes daily, so whether you need a basic unit or all the extras, we’ve got the right product for you!
Other Considerations When Buying Outdoor Storage Sheds
#3: How does it blend into the rest of your yard’s landscape?
#4: What type of material is right for you? (Better Built Barns use wood siding, just like your house)
#5: Are there any zoning laws or HOA rules in your neighborhood?
#6: Can your largest piece of equipment fit through the door of your shed?
#7: How are you planning to decorate?